It is important to take care of oily hair, following advice and avoiding mistakes when shampooing. Let’s find out how.
Oily hair is a widespread problem, affecting many women, it can depend on several factors, the most common being a hormonal failure.
Under normal conditions, the sebaceous glands produce sebum, which protects the scalp from air pollution and more, the hair will be more hydrated. Otherwise when there is a genetic predisposition or a hormonal decompensation, it is produced more, making the hair dull, dull and above all have an unpleasant smell.
It is right to reiterate a concept, having oily hair is not a problem related to aesthetics, but the excessive production of sebum makes the hair less vital. What are the causes and how should you take care of oily hair?
We give you information on the causes and tips to take care of oily hair, so you can show off a light and bright hair.
Oily hair: let’s find out more
Oily hair is a problem that affects many women and not only men, they depend on several factors, here are which:
- excessive production of sebum
- hormonal imbalance
- digestive disorders
- periods of severe stress
- excessive sweating
- shampoo rarely
- high-fat diet
- aggressive products
- air pollution
Yet it is true that if you follow some advice, you can remedy, or at least mitigate the problem, because if the cause is predisposition there is very little to do.
Here are some tips to follow to combat excess sebum:
- shampoo with delicate and non-aggressive products, perhaps a shampoo with neutral pH;
- do not put too much shampoo, but always dilute with water;
- always massage gently and quickly: in this way you can activate activate microcirculation;
- do the last rinse with cold water;
- wash your hair well by removing all the shampoo;
- towel dry your hair without wringing it out;
- dry the hair at medium temperature, keeping it 15 cm away from the hair.
In addition to the tips to follow to wash oily hair, it is also necessary to clarify that you make several mistakes that can be avoided.
- Use specific shampoos and conditioners: never those for children, as they contain too many nutrients that could make their hair fatter.
- Do not rub the scalp vigorously too vigorously.
- Do not wash twice with shampoo.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm and not very hot water, the same applies to the temperature of the hairdryer which must not be high.
- Do not apply neither gel nor products to define the styling: because they weigh down the hair and make it greasier.
By following these tips, your hair will be clean and long lasting.
Remedies to combat oily hair
You can mitigate the problem of oily hair with effective natural remedies, let’s find out.
Prepare a natural mask, which will help eliminate excess, buy the green one in the herbalist’s shop. In a small bowl, put a spoonful of apple cider vinegar, a spoonful of water and a handful of clay and mix well.
You must obtain a homogeneous and creamy compound, apply on damp hair and leave on for at least a quarter of an hour. Rinse with plenty of water.
In case you have a very oily skin and brittle tips, you can remedy with a clay mask to be applied only on the scalp, for the tips apply another one.
2- Essential oil
When shampooing, you can add 3 drops of orange, sage or lavender essential oil, which are known for their antiseptic and astringent properties, perfect for oily hair. Then after washing your hair as recommended, do the last rinse by preparing a mixture with 2 drops of thyme oil and a spoonful of vinegar or lemon juice, pour into a bowl with a liter of water and proceed with the rinse.
A classic remedy, just apply on the most oily areas of the scalp, leave for 10 minutes, repeat every 2 weeks.
In case you also have dandruff add a teaspoon of baking soda to the shampoo, or aloe vera gel, in case you also have itching.
4- Balanced nutrition
Definitely follow a healthy and balanced diet by eliminating fatty foods, preferring green leafy vegetables and fresh fruit, which eliminating toxins. Ask your doctor for advice, who will be able to advise you on how best to do it.