The short cut is cute and very fashionable. If you have just returned from the hairdresser with your first short cut, you will probably be wondering how to style it. It will surprise you to discover how many hairstyles you can do with your new hair! Below you can find some proposals for simple and sophisticated hairstyles at the same time.
Smooth, Elegant and Sophisticated
Pull your hair aside. To create this look you will need to comb your hair on one side so that the bangs will fall sideways on your face, creating a very elegant angle. Making your hair smooth and shiny is a fundamental step to give this hairstyle an even more refined effect.
- Wash your hair with the shampoo you usually use and dry them with a towel, leaving them slightly damp.
- Use a comb to fix the hairline on one side. It should be just above one of the two ears.
- Pour a little bit of softening cream on your hands then pass them on your hair. Use your fingers as if they were the teeth of a comb.
- Use a hair dryer to pull the hair well, making it smooth. If necessary, use the plate to make them even more straight.
- If the hair is very short, pull the bangs on the forehead. If the hair is longer, lightly comb it on one side so that it comes down obliquely on the face. You can do this using the tail of the comb.
- Sprinkle a small amount of lacquer to fix everything if necessary.
You can also reduce the shine of the hair to create a more sober look for the day. Combing them with the line on one side you will get a very elegant hairstyle, even without making them particularly shiny. The beauty of this style is that it is very versatile and is suitable for more or less formal situations.
- Spread a small amount of texturizing mousse on clean and still damp hair. Try to distribute the mousse evenly on all the hair.
- Use a comb to place the parting on one side of the head.
- Wait until the hair is completely dry.
- Lightly moisten the tips of the fingers with gel and pass them on the hair in order to give them more volume and fixing.
Give it some volume. Smoothing the short hair, keeping the parting in the center or slightly to the side, can create a sober and tidy effect that can be very trendy, but it can also make you look more mature. Make sure you give enough volume to your hair, so that it does not look flat and dull.
- Wash your hair and dry with a towel to remove excess balm. Divide the hair in the middle or slightly to the side.
- Apply a little volumizing mousse using your fingertips, making sure to distribute it well over the entire length of your hair.
- Dry them and smooth them using a hair dryer and a soft bristle brush. Bend the brush slightly inwards, with an upward movement to give a little volume.
- Use a flat plate to iron the most rebellious strands. While passing the plate, bend it slightly so as not to make the hair too flat and crushed on the head.
- Add a light spray of volumizing spray or apply a small amount of mousse on the length to give some volume to the hair.
Extreme and Elegant
Why not try to get a moicana hairstyle? For this extreme look, comb your hair towards the center of the head, pulling them upwards, as a Mohican would do.
- Comb the hair, clean and dry, towards the center of the head.
- Use a curling iron of about 2.5 cm to curl small strands of hair. In this step, the hair should curl and go down.
- Pour a little gel or mousse firmly on your hands. Then pass it on the hair, pulling the curled locks upward and towards the center of the head.
- Use your fingertips to bring some tufts forward, so that they descend on your forehead.
Make your hair shiny, passing the gel over the hair and tufts, to create a more aggressive look.
- Wash your hair and leave it moist enough, using the towel only to remove excess conditioning.
- Pour a generous amount of gel on one hand and pass it on the hair, while you dry it with the hair dryer. With your hand you should bring all your hair backwards so that no tufts fall on the forehead or sides of the head.
- Add gel on dry hair to make it even more shiny. This hairstyle will reveal your face a lot, so it is important that all the hair is well fixed backwards.
Pettinalis upwards. If you want to create a punk effect, without exaggerating, you can only comb some tufts upwards.
- Wash your hair and dry it with a towel.
- Set your damp hair with your fingers. Make sure that the bangs tufts are placed slightly to the side. The hair on the sides of the face, on the temples, should be brought slightly forward, while the rest of the hair should be combed backwards towards the nape.
- Dry completely in the open air or with a hair dryer.
- When the hair is dry, apply a little gel or fixing mousse on the hands, take some tufts on top of the head and fix them upwards creating a small movement effect. Leave the bangs, the hair of the temples and those of the nape on the sidelines, for the moment.
- Spray the lacquer to give more fixing, if necessary.
Comb the bangs on one side to have a style a bit ‘elegant and a bit’ wild. Comb your hair back and bring the parting on one side but, instead of letting your hair straight down on the forehead, sculpt them and fix them on one side.
- Dry your hair with a towel and comb it all on one side. Apply a bit of fixing mousse and pass it on all the hair with your fingers.
- Dry them with a hair dryer and use your fingers to peel them on the back, creating a messy effect.
- While drying the rest of the hair, try to make the bangs tufts as straight as possible. Then, pull the hair from one side to the opposite side of the parting.
- On completely dry hair apply gel or fixing mousse, to accentuate the angle you have created on the forehead. Bring the tips slightly outward to create a more sculpted look.
Casual, Funny and Sexy
Break out your hair for good. With the shorter tufts you can create a rebellious, playful and casual look.
- Wash your hair and dry it with a towel.
- Spray the texturizing lacquer, giving a slight splash to the sides.
- Use a hair dryer, and while your hair is drying hair with a soft bristled brush, in such a way as to bring the tufts of the head and forehead in the same direction.
- When the hair is completely dry, pour a little ointment on the fingers. Pass your fingers on the hair of the forehead and temples to fix the fold.
- Bring the rest of your hair behind your ears.
Use a curling iron to create curls. With a smaller iron you can create small waves or curls on all the hair and get a fresh and youthful style.
- Comb the hair clean and dry so that it falls slightly to one side.
- Use an iron to curl your hair with a diameter of about 12.5 cm to create curls on your entire hair. The curls should be folded down, but they do not need to be perfectly symmetrical.
- Pour a little gel or mousse fixed on your hands and then pass them on your hair, trying to get rid of the curls slightly.
Curls the bangs tufts. For a romantic and sexy look, try to keep your hair straight and curl only the tips of the bangs, which you have previously combed on one side.
- Wash and dry your hair, trying to make them as straight as possible.
- Use a comb to bring the hair to one side, placing the parting just above one of the ears. Comb the rest of the hair to the opposite side.
- Use a curling iron of 2.5 cm to curl the ends of the hair outwards. You should try to make sure that the tips go up and down. Leaves a more natural effect on the hair of the nape.
- Spray the fixing lacquer to keep the curls in place.
Playing with accessories
Wearing a headband. There are a lot of bands you can wear, from the thinnest to the thickest. Choose a look that reflects your mood and that fits the situation, and put a band to make your cut even more stylish.
- For a more sophisticated and adult look, opt for a thin band with a small ornament.
- A thin band with some gems or glitter is perfect if you want to make your look more elegant and eye-catching.
- The thick bands tend to look a little too casual, especially if they do not have any ornaments. But if you find one with a beautiful fantasy or some ornament, wear it and give your cut a touch of color and energy.
- You can also opt for a vintage look by wearing a scarf as a band. Pass it around your head, without covering your forehead.
Buy lots of hair clips and hairpins. In addition to the bands, the little haircuts and hairpins are the best friends of short hair. You can choose them sober, colored or even bright, depending on the situation.
- Clothespins with bright colors can be beautiful and fun. You can also take small clothespins decorated with bows, flowers or gems to give your look a little bit of movement. In this way, your style will not be boring!
- If you prefer a more sophisticated look, you can use hairpins with small glitter or a small peg with little gems or pearls.
Buy yourself a nice hat. The hats are very good for girls with short hair because they draw attention to the neck, making it look longer and therefore more delicate and feminine.
- Choose the hat that fits best with the shape of your face; you can choose between the cap, the bowler hat, the cap, the fedora, the panama and many others. Try different types and choose the one that suits you best.
Things you will need
- Texturizing mousse
- Volumizing mousse
- Softening cream
- Hair gel
- Hair straightener
- Curling iron of 2.5 cm or less
- Hair spray