Do you know the properties of sage for hair? It is useful against dandruff and fat, to strengthen them, to darken them and to promote growth.
Sage is not only used in the kitchen! It is good to know that it is also very used in cosmetics. In particular, the great beneficial properties of sage should be emphasized to treat hair, naturally, without resorting to chemicals, and convenient.
The beneficial effects of sage are in fact many and its use in herbal medicine and to get beautiful dates back to very ancient times (up to the Roman times). Moreover, being a spontaneous plant, it is also very economical as a remedy to solve many problems of hair and skin.
It is so very useful:
to clean them thoroughly, then against dandruff and excess fat
to revive them if turned off, and reinforce them if exploited and weakened
as a natural color to make them darker (this is not good on blonde hair, because it darkens them, while helping to camouflage white hair)
to encourage growth, fighting the fall.
But how are the healing effects of sage on hair used in practice? You can create shampoos, lotions, infusions, sage-based wraps to make them healthier and more beautiful.
The properties of purified and non-fat sage for hair
1) you can prepare a sage hair lotion to combat the problem of fat and heavy hair. It’s really simple: just infuse some leaves and then filter the liquid, which you will pour into a small bottle. You will use it – within the day because without preservatives – as a pre-shampoo pack, to be left on for half an hour before washing; or after shampooing, with wet hair, without rinsing. To clean them even further and make them shinier, you can add the juice of half a lemon organic or drops of essential oil of lemon (found in herbal medicine).
2) Again for the problem of greasy hair, instead of chemical detergents, use sage for its beneficial effects on the hair by applying a sage shampoo. You will do it easily, using, along with sage leaves, rosemary, nettle, lavender and thyme flowers, green clay and apple vinegar.
The properties of sage against dehydration, for healthy hair
3) Long hair, which requires great care, a sage wrap is useful, to keep them moisturized, preventing them from drying out too much because of the hair dryer and the plate. Prepare it by mixing finely chopped sage yogurt, banana, egg yolk, extra virgin olive oil and honey. To be kept for an hour before washing.
Sage tea to cover the first white hair
4) If you are brown or black and you have some white hair to cover you can use an infusion of sage instead of the harmful chemical dyes, using another of the prodigious benefits of sage on the hair. The procedure is similar to that for the lotion against oily hair: boil 3 glasses of water and a cup of sage leaves for 2 hours (checking that it does not evaporate too much).
For greater shine, add the juice of a lemon. Once cooled, filter it with gauze and put the liquid in a bottle or plastic bottle (to be used during the day). You can apply it on wet hair, leaving on for 30-40 minutes and rinsing, or on dry and clean hair, immediately dabbing with a towel. The treatment should be done once a week for at least 1 month.
The properties of sage against hair loss
5) You can use sage in its beneficial properties for hair care even using a mixture against falling. In fact, it has recently been established that this plant contains beta-sitosterol, a very useful compound to help stop hair loss. Dilute 3 tablespoons of sage essential oil in a tablespoon of olive oil, 3 drops of rosemary essential oil, 3 drops of mint oil.
With the mix obtained, massage the scalp 2 times a day. If you do it on an ongoing basis, you will see that the fall will be greatly slowed down!