Do you know the benefits of beer on hair? Since ancient times it has been used as a lightening and strengthening agent, let’s find out how to apply it.
Beer is an alcoholic beverage consumed by many people around the world, it is obtained from the fermentation of must based on barley malt, flavored and bitter with hops.
But many women are unaware of the beneficial effects on the hair, as beer can be an excellent ally for strengthening and lightening hair.
This is because beer has a combination of chemicals such as sugars, vitamins, which bring benefits to our hair.
Let’s find out what the benefits of beer are on our hair.
Beer and hair: we discover all the benefits
Beer has been used since ancient times as a beauty elixir, thanks to its benefits on the crown. This is thanks to the hops, malt, potassium and vitamin B, which fortify the hair. Currently beer is still used, let’s examine in detail.
Using beer usually on the hair allows you to:
- give golden reflections
- make hair more voluminous
- straighten the hair: after having shampooed habitually, before dedicating yourself to drying, you can put the beer in a bottle with the spray, spray on the hair and then pat it dry with a towel. Proceed with the usual drying;
- give a volumizing effect: after shampooing, apply the beer on wet hair and leave for 5 minutes.
Beer allows you to lighten your hair naturally without using chemical dyes that in the long run can damage the hair, also has a low pH, which reduces the cuticles, so the hair is thicker and shiny.
Strengthen your hair with beer: shampoo tips
Hair can be strengthened with beer, but how? Here is the advice to follow:
- shampoo normally
- apply beer to the hair: massage well between the strands
- wrap your hair in a cotton towel: if left to act for 5 minutes the effect given by vitamin B, sugars and potassium will be reinforcing. Women with light hair can leave it on for 20 minutes, thus obtaining golden reflections on your hair;
- rinse everything with warm water
- blow dry your hair as usual
In the case of oily hair, you can use the beer in the last rinse, in this way:
- prepare a mixture of hot water and beer
- pour it on your hair: the alcohol it contains will combat excess sebum.
Beer can be used not only for washing hair, but also for preparing compresses, here’s how.
Try mixing the beer with a hair mask that you usually use to treat your hair, until you get a soft cream. Then apply a few walnuts on the hair but after drying the hair, or to define a hairstyle to increase their duration.
In case you have frizzy hair, you can mix beer with apple cider vinegar, like this:
- add a quarter of beer
- 10 drops of apple cider vinegar
- apply the mixture on clean hair
- comb your hair with a wooden comb.
If your hair is dry and dull, especially in the winter, you can increase the shine by creating a compress based on beer and lemon, here’s how.
- mix half a cup of lemon juice with half a glass of beer;
- apply on hair
- leave for 10 minutes
- rinse with warm water
- apply the conditioner.
To give volume to the hair instead, proceed as follows:
- mix a spoonful of sunflower oil with an egg and 1 liter of beer
- leave for a few minutes
- rinse your hair thoroughly
- apply a conditioner.